The grand cathedral temple named after Holy Resurrection was designed by the architect A. Zelenko and represents the exact copy of Constantinople "Aya-Sofia", at a reduced scale. Later, after a few modifications were made by the Academician-Architect R.Marfeld, the project was approved. The facades of the cathedral temple were set in Byzantine style; The temple was provided for 2000 worshipers, its construction was entrusted to the Black Sea Construction Society. So the construction of the cathedral temple on July 6, 1906, and was completed in September 1907; On September 14, Bishop of Guria-Samegrelo, George consecrated the foundation of the temple in a solemn ceremony. The construction was carried out by the ,,Benedict’’ method, with double reinforced concrete. It is the first reinforced concrete construction buildig in Russian EmpireThe cross was placed on the dome on May 22, 1907. In 1933-36 the Soviet authorities rebuilt the cathedral temple to theatre; in 1981-83 they built small and rehearsal halls; In November 2005, the cathedral temple was returned to the Georgian Patriarchate and transferred to the Diocese of Poti and Khobi.